With a new, 21-point safety plan in place, New York City’s largest casino is ready to reopen
JAMAICA, QUEENS – Resorts World Casino New York City (RWCNYC) will welcome back guests on Wednesday, September 9th at 12:00pm, the company announced today. Resorts World Casino New York City will implement and execute its 21-point safety plan and adhere to the State’s guidelines to ensure a safe reopening.
“The Resorts World team has been anxiously awaiting the day when we can open our doors again to the fun and excitement that our casinos are known for,” said Bob DeSalvio, President of Genting Americas East. “We have implemented a plan to seamlessly integrate the unmatched experiences in excitement, entertainment and luxury that guests have come to expect, with the more stringent health protocols that are needed to operate safely. We are excited to play our part in Moving New York Forward.”
During the first phase of the reopening, guests will be able to enjoy electronic blackjack, baccarat and Three-Card Poker games with plexiglass dividers. Physical distancing panels will be erected on select slot machines, while others won’t be available for play to allow for social distancing. In addition, Resorts World Casino New York City will unveil a series of new marketing initiatives over the coming weeks, including the Community Partners Program, creating more value for the Genting Rewards Loyalty Card program and enhancing support to local businesses in the area.
Resorts World Casino New York City’s 21-point Resorts World Safety Plan, which is being implemented in accordance with recommendations from the CDC, New York State and local health officials, includes:
– Entry will be limited to bus lobby entrance, specific parking areas, and the skybridge
– Upon arrival, Resorts World’s staff will conduct noninvasive temperature checks using thermal scanners. Guests or team members with a temperature above 100.4 will not be permitted entry
– All guests and team members will be required to wear face masks while on the property
– Sanitation stations equipped with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes will be located on the casino floor and throughout the property
– HVAC filters have been upgraded to MERV 15 filters to exceed State standards
– New technologies have been implemented including density counters and no touch ID scanners
– RWCNYC’s Clean Team will be regularly deployed to high-touch areas for cleaning and disinfecting
– Guests will be expected to practice social distancing by staying six feet apart from others outside of their party
– Signage, markers and indicators, along with plexiglass barriers, where appropriate, will be located throughout the property
Scott Molina, COO, Resorts World Catskills and Resorts World Casino New York City, added, “While the casino floor may look a little different, all of these changes are part of our 21-point plan, created with your health and safety in mind. Regulating capacity on the casino floor will allow for easier social distancing, and sanitation stations will make it easy for you to wipe down electronic table games and other common areas before touching them. Once we are back open, we will constantly be evaluating the situation in order to gauge when we can return our full suite of amenities to our valued guests.”
In addition, team members will receive training on safety and sanitation protocols to further ensure guest and team member safety.
“I was thankful to learn of Governor Cuomo’s decision today to allow casinos across New York State to reopen again on September 9th,” State Senator Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr., Chairman of the Senate Committee on Racing, Gaming and Wagering, said. “This will result in many of the furloughed casino workers returning to their jobs and providing for their families, while permitting our residents to visit these gaming sites to safely enjoy the amenities during these difficult times. The reopening of casinos will also be an economic generator for revenue and educational funding for our state, as we deal with the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic.”
About Resorts World Casino New York City
Resorts World Casino New York City (RWCNYC) is the only casino in New York City, offering over 10 million guests annually an unparalleled gaming and entertainment experience while generating over $2 billion for the State’s education system since opening in 2011. RWCNYC is operated by the Genting Group, a global company founded in 1965, operating destination resorts in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, the Bahamas, the United States and all four oceans through its Star Cruises, Dream Cruises and Crystal Cruises brands. Genting has more than 50 years of experience in the travel and leisure industry and collectively employs approximately 60,000 people while offering an unparalleled resort experience to over 50 million visitors a year worldwide.