Resorts World Gives
Established in 2011, Resorts World Gives is our corporate philanthropic program, encompassing all charitable giving by Resorts World New York City and Resorts World Catskills.
The mission of Resorts World Gives is to invest in the economic and social progress of the communities our properties operate in. To date, we have donated over $3 million to more than 200 local organizations and match 100% of employee donations.
Through Resorts World Gives, our philanthropy is focused around five key pillars, addressing a breadth of issues and needs. We support innovative organizations with clear goals and proven results.
Program for Community Support
Our Corporate Social Responsibility efforts operate through the Resorts World Gives (RWG) program. RWG supports organizations, projects, and programs that create opportunities for economic and social progress. Contributions seek to support established, innovative and efficient non-profit organizations with clearly articulated goals that have proven to be successful at improving the neighborhoods of Queens, Monticello, Newburgh and their surrounding areas.
Thank you for your interest in Resorts World Gives! To apply for funding, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered 501c3 or 501c6, or be fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 or 501c6
- During the application process, you will be asked to upload your determination letter.
- Provides services within one or more of Resorts World Gives’ key pillars:
- Community & Economic Development
- Health & Wellness
- Civic & Public Affairs
- Arts & Culture
- Provides services within one or more of the regions where RWNYC and RWC operate.
- Does not discriminate, either in employment or its delivery of services, on any basis prohibited by law or Resorts Worlds’ Equal Employment Opportunity policies.
When applying for funding via our online portal, be prepared with the following materials:
- Project description / Needs statement
- Project budget
- Project timeline
- Letter of Support (Required)
- This may come from a partner organization, another donor, a congressional representative, or an impacted individual. The letter should serve as a testimonial to your organization’s prior work
- Explanation of how Resorts World Gives partnership would be marketed
Additional documents (Optional)
- Presentation materials (PDF, PPT)
- Income statement
- Balance sheet
- List of board members
There are no deadlines for funding applications. We will review applications as they are received and will be considered for the following quarter from which they were received. All funding requests must be submitted via the online portal to be considered.
What is maximum amount I can apply for?
Applicants can apply for up to $50,000 (in a year?) All requests must include a description of how the funds will be spent, and requests must not exceed 30% of the organization’s operating budget. First time applicants can apply up to $10,000.
When is the application deadline?
Organizations may submit applications from January 1st through October 31st. No applications will be reviewed between November 1st and December 31st
Do the funds cover renovations or large equipment purchases?
Resorts World funds may only be used towards event sponsorship, program grants, or fundraising support.
Can the request for funding cover several projects in one application?
Each application should request funding for one specific project. Please submit a separate application for additional requests. Organizations are limited to two applications per calendar year or a cumulative dollar amount of $50,000.
My organization does not yet have its non-profit designation documentation. Can we still apply for funding?
RW Gives will only fund organizations who are recognized as a not-for-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service. You will be required to upload proof with your application.
How long will it take for me to find out if my request was granted?
Requests should be submitted no later than 90 days prior to your event date. There is no guarantee that funds can be released sooner.
I sit on a board of an organization that is based out-of-state, but I live in NYC, can I still apply for funding?
Requests for funding will only be considered for organizations located within one of the regions where Resorts World New York properties operate.
Are there reporting requirements for funding?
Yes, all recipients will need to submit a post-event synopsis detailing how the funds were spent, and the impact of the additional funds to the success of the event.
My organization received funding last year. Are we allowed to request support again this year?
Applicants are not limited to a maximum number of submissions. All applications are reviewed and considered on an individual basis.
Organizations we Support
- American Cancer Society
- A Better New York
- Black Spectrum Theater
- American Littoral Society
- Boys and Girls Club of Metro Queens
- City Harvest
- City Meals on Wheels
- City Parks Foundation
- Chinese Free Masons Athletic Club
- Dress for Success
- Friends of Firefighters
- Flushing Town Hall
- Greater Jamaica Development Corp
- Great New York Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Greater Woodhaven Development Corp
- Great Queens Links
- Jamaica BID
- Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning
- Jamaica Hospital Medical Center
- JFK Chamber of Commerce
- National Council on Problem Gaming
- New York Blood Center
- New York Cares
- HeartShare Human Services
- Kings Manor Museum
- Kupferberg Center for the Arts
- Kingsborough Community College
- Kiwanis Club of Howard Beach
- Long Island Children’s Museum
- Long Island City Partnership
- Louis Armstrong House Museum
- Marines Toys for Tots
- Museum of Chinese in America
- Queensboro Dance Festival
- Queens Botanical Gardens
- Queens Center for Progress
- Queens Community House
- Queens Council on the Arts
- Queens Economic Development Corporation
- Queens Public Library
- Queens Museum
- Queens Theater
- Queens World Film Festival
- Rockaway Development and Revitalization Corp
- River Fund
- School Sisters of Notre Dame
- Sutphin Business Improvement District
- Showing Hearts
- St. Joesphs Episcopal Hospital
- Trey Whitfield Foundation
- YMCA Flushing
- YMCA Jamaica
- York College