Convention is one of the largest civil rights conferences in the nation
New York, NY – Resorts World New York City announced today its sponsorship of 2021 National Action Network’s Annual Convention, scheduled for April 14–17 at the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel. NAN’s Annual Convention, historically one of the largest civil rights conferences in the country, focuses on current pressing political issues facing Black and Brown communities.
Resorts World is hosting a panel that will explore how corporations increase diversity in the workplace. Increasing Diversity in Corporate Strategy: Taking Control of the Conversation is scheduled for Friday, April 16th at 9 a.m. The panel will be moderated by Hope Knight, President & CEO of the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation, and will feature prominent leaders, including:
- Wanda Jackson, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, National Urban League
- Kevin Jones, Chief Strategy & Legal Officer, Genting Americas
- Paula Peebles, Vice President of the Philadelphia Human Relations Council, President, NAN Philadelphia Chapter
- Nelson Rivers, Vice President Religious Affairs & External Relations-NAN, Pastor, Charity Missionary Baptist Church, North Charleston, SC
- Michelle Stoddart, Vice President of Community Development Resorts World New York City & Resorts World Catskills
“Resorts World is proud to sponsor and be a part of the National Action Network’s Annual Convention and will continue to partner with community organizations to address a range of issues. From civil rights to health and wellness, Resorts World will always be a good neighbor in New York,” said Michelle Stoddart, Vice President of Community Development Resorts World New York City & Resorts World Catskills.
Members of the press can virtually attend the event here.
As part of the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel’s protocol, there will be a mandatory Covid-19 screening process each person attending the convention must pass in order to gain admittance into the host venue.
1) You must present a negative Covid test result (accepted test date must not exceed 3 days before date attending the conference). Each negative test result is good up to 3 days or 72 hours. For those attending the convention for the full 4 days, they MUST be retested and test negative on Thursday, April 15th in order to attend on Saturday, April 17th.