RWNYC has created thousands of jobs, generated billions of dollars in public education funding, and developed initiatives to support local communities and organizations
Anniversary celebration began in August with opening of Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York.
Queens, N.Y. (October 28, 2021) – Resorts World New York City (RWNYC) marked its 10th anniversary today, celebrating a decade as the top destination in Queens and the one and only casino in New York City.
Since opening its doors 10 years ago today, Resorts World has generated more than $3 billion in revenue to support New York’s public schools; it has partnered with more than 50 community organizations to promote social and economic progress; it has formed the Community Partner Program with dozens of local small businesses; and RWNYC has created thousands of good-paying union jobs for local residents.
In August, Resorts World unveiled the Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York City, an eight-story luxury hotel, featuring 400 residential-inspired guestrooms and premium suites with energizing design and insightful in-room technology. The hotel also features the world-renowned Sugar Factory American Brasserie, a fitness center, state-of-the-art conference and meeting spaces, and additional gaming areas. The centerpiece of the property is a soaring grand lobby, perfectly suited for art exhibits, events and musical performances.
“I want to thank the millions of guests, the thousands of team members, and the entire Queens community for making the last decade one that was filled with fun, excitement and camaraderie,” said Robert DeSalvio, President of Genting Americas East. “From the recent opening of our world-class hotel to generating more than $3 billion in revenue to support New York’s public schools to being welcomed as a community partner and Queens’ neighbor, there’s been much to celebrate, and we are honored to be able to mark this anniversary. The best part of today is knowing that with our talented team, the support of the Queens community, and our wonderful guests, the next decade will be even better, and we can’t wait to celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2031!”
The opening of the new hotel is just one of many exciting developments across New York State for Resorts World. Next summer, doors will open to Resorts World Hudson Valley, a 90,000 square foot slots casino that’s being developed at the Newburgh Mall, a project that will bring more than 200 new jobs to the area. In addition, construction on Resorts World Catskills’ Monster Golf Course, designed by Rees Jones, will also kick into gear next year.
To give thanks to Resorts World New York City’s patrons leading up to Thanksgiving, RWNYC will offer guests a chance to win big on Wednesdays and Thursdays in November in the $15,000 Gobble It Up Slot Tournament. And then on Thanksgiving Day, guests have a chance to win their share of $31,500 cash, with names being drawn all afternoon. Visit https://rwnewyork.com/promotions/ for more information.
10 highlights from the last 10 years in Queens:
- The one and only casino in New York City
- Two levels of gaming with over 6,500 slots and electronic table games
- $3+ billion generated to support New York’s public schools
- Four ways to get to RWNYC making it the most convenient destination in NYC—by car, by bus, by train, and now by plane, where world travelers can book a room at the Hyatt Regency
- Support for more than 50 community organizations that create opportunities for economic and social progress. Through its philanthropic program, Resorts World Gives, RWNYC gives back through employee volunteerism and charitable giving
- Six great places to enjoy food, drinks and fun: Sugar Factory, RW Prime Steakhouse, Good Friends Noodle House, Bar 360, Liberty Bar, and the Food Court
- 777 – our favorite numbers to see flashing on the screens, which means our guests are winning big
- More than 80 local businesses are part of Resorts World New York City’s Community Partner program where RWNYC guests can enjoy discounts and savings at participating retailers
- $99: gets you the World Famous Sugar Factory King Kong Sundae serving 12 people and includes 24 scoops of ice cream drizzled with chocolate, caramel, and strawberry sauce and toppings galore like a glazed donut, cupcake, and of course sparklers!
- More than 100,000,000 memories made at Resorts World New York City
For more information about Resorts World New York City, visit rwnewyork.com.
About Resorts World New York City
Resorts World New York City (RWNYC) is the only casino in New York City, offering more than 8 million guests annually an unparalleled gaming and entertainment experience while generating over $3 billion for the State’s education system since opening in 2011. RWNYC is operated by the Genting Group, a global company founded in 1965, operating destination resorts in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, the Bahamas, the United States and all four oceans through its Star Cruises, Dream Cruises and Crystal Cruises brands. Genting has more than 50 years of experience in the travel and leisure industry and collectively employs approximately 60,000 people while offering an unparalleled resort experience to over 50 million visitors a year worldwide.
Contact: Kimberly Winston