Kimberly Winston| July 27, 2022
Catskills, NY and Queens, NY – Resorts World New York announced today it is lending support to numerous arts initiatives throughout the state this summer and fall, doing its part to help New York maintain its position as a worldwide leader in Arts and Culture.
Resorts World is in a unique position to partner with premier tourism and arts councils, entertainment organizations, diversity initiatives, and beautification projects through Resorts World Gives, its corporate philanthropic program.
“As Sullivan County’s oldest community theatre group, we’ve seen a lot of changes in the more than 70 years we’ve been around,” said Harold Tighe, Treasurer, Sullivan County Dramatic Workshop. “One thing that has never wavered is our dedication to this community and it’s comforting knowing we have such strong partnerships with places like Resorts World Catskills.”
“Our 5th Anniversary Benefit would not be possible without our incredible sponsors, including the generous support of Resorts World Catskills,” said Susie Sofranko, Executive Director, Stockade Works. “While the celebration is all about connecting with the community over good food, drinks, and live music, it also allows us to build up our Scholarship Fund, which ensures we can provide more than 80% of our trainees with full and partial scholarships. We cannot thank Resorts World Catskills enough for helping us connect local residents of the Hudson Valley with quality jobs in the region’s growing film and TV industry.”
“We are so pleased to be working with Resorts World New York City again this year for our 30th Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival in New York,” said David Archer, Director of Marketing, Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival in New York. “Resorts World is a true community partner. Their support helps in a very substantial way to bring this free, truly multicultural festival to our New York metro community.”
“Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning has long benefited not only from Resorts World’s direct philanthropy, but equally by its genuine interest in our work and mission here in Southeast Queens,” said Leonard Jacobs, Executive Director, Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning. “When Resorts World chooses to support JCAL, we know it isn’t some pro forma philanthropic exercise. Rather, we know their belief in our mission reflects a deep, abiding reflection of shared values. Nonprofit giving that manages to inspire as well as support the recipient is rare, but in this case, it’s true. This is why we feel so blessed by Resorts World New York City’s belief in what we do, and in the community that we serve.”
Resort World Catskills (RWC) is bolstering the following organizations:
- Catskill Mountain Shakespeare: The non-profit brings world class theater to the region, against the backdrop of a lush and natural landscape. This summer’s main stage production is Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Performances run through Sunday, July 31 at The Emerson Resort & Spa in Mount Tremper.
- Sullivan County Dramatic Workshop: SCDW owns and operates the historic Rivoli Theatre in South Fallsburg. The remainder of the 2022 main stage season includes the following theatrical productions:
- August: “The Little Mermaid”
- September: “Belfast Girls”
- October: Haunted Theatre
- The Eddie Adams Workshop: A tuition-free, merit-based four-day photojournalism seminar held in Jeffersonville every Columbus Day weekend (October 7-10). 100 students culled from numerous applicants are invited to participate. The program is designed to hone the skills of these promising photographers quickly and provide them with networking opportunities.
- Stockade Works: As a driver of economic and workforce development in the region, Stockade Works trains the local workforce to create local film and television crew, theater, and technology professionals. Stockade Works attracts outside film and television productions, technology start-ups, and connects regional media professionals.
Resorts World New York City (RWNYC) is also proud to lend its support to the following arts initiatives:
- Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival in New York: Resorts World New York City is a major supporter of this year’s festival. Scheduled for Saturday, July 30 and Sunday, July 31 in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, the festival is an important annual multicultural and sporting event in Queens. RWNYC will run a promotional tent on both days of the festival, with exciting games and giveaways for all attendees. In addition, RWNYC will be fielding its own team to participate in the Dragon Boat Sponsor’s Challenge for the first time.
- Festival of Cinema NYC: The 10-day film festival is set for August 5-14 at the Regal UA Midway in Forest Hills, Queens. Entering its sixth year, Festival of Cinema NYC screens over 100 films of all lengths and genres from around the world created by emerging independent filmmakers. In addition to the screenings, the festival presents free moderated panels with invited guest speakers, industry professionals, seminars, and workshops.
- Black Spectrum Theatre Co. Inc.: Produces and presents theater, music, comedy, and videos examining issues of social significance to the African American community. RWNYC supports their 2022 season, including the annual St. Albans Jazz Festival and the outdoor Summer Café at Roy Wilkins Park, which runs through August.
- Jamaica Center for Arts & Learning: A multidisciplinary arts center based in Southeast Queens. As one of the foremost cultural institutions in the borough, JCAL is a longstanding partner of Resorts World New York City. RWNYC grants support their many visual arts, performing arts, and arts education programs, including the annual Queens International Children’s Festival, which took place in June.
- Queens Rising: A month-long multi-disciplinary arts celebration created to highlight the borough’s cultural and creative diversity. RWNYC was a major sponsor of event, which showcased nearly 250 events and exhibitions, from more than 70 participating organizations throughout the borough, throughout the month of June.
About Resorts World Catskills
Located in the heart of New York’s Catskill region, Resorts World Catskills (RWC) Hotel and Casino Resort offers guests unmatched experiences in excitement, entertainment, and luxury. The integrated casino-resort features live Las-Vegas style table games, state-of-the art slot machines, a poker room, private gaming salons, a 100-seat sportsbook lounge, and the mobile app, Resorts WorldBET, the fastest and safest way to bet on sports. The casino-resort’s 10 varied bar and restaurant experiences include an Italian steakhouse created by celebrity chef Scott Conant. There’s also year-round live entertainment at the 2,500-seat RW Epicenter. The 18-story all-suite luxurious hotel located within Resorts World Catskills features the Crystal Life Spa, two indoor pools, and two fitness centers. The Alder, the adjacent lifestyle hotel, features the first Topgolf Swing Suites in New York State, Dos Gatos, a cantina-style Mexican eatery, and will be expanded to include a Rees Jones redesigned Monster Golf Course in 2023.
About Resorts World New York City
Resorts World New York City (RWNYC) is New York City’s first and only casino-hotel, offering over 10 million guests annually an unparalleled gaming and entertainment experience and generating over $3 billion for the State’s education system since opening in 2011. The opening of the Hyatt Regency JFK Airport at Resorts World New York gave visitors from around the world more ways to enjoy the ultimate play and stay experience. Dining options include Sugar Factory American Brasserie, America’s favorite eatery and celebrity hotspot. There are a variety of non-gaming amenities, as well as entertainment options, allowing guests of all interests and budgets an experience that fits their personal tastes. RWNYC is operated by the Genting Group, a global company founded in 1965, operating destination resorts in Las Vegas, Bimini, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, and the United Kingdom. Genting has more than 50 years of experience in the travel and leisure industry and collectively employs approximately 60,000 people while offering an unparalleled resort experience to over 50 million visitors a year worldwide.
Contact: Kimberly Winston